Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip Replacement surgery. Hip replacement is also known as hip arthroplasty. Its is a surgery to replace damaged hip with artificial hip. Artificial hip can be prosthesis. The replacement surgery can be done by metal, plastic parts or ceramic to swap the ball at the upper end of femur and rematerialize the hip socket. This replacement can be fully or partially.
- Infection in the joint, people having health problems like diabetes, chronic liver, arthritis
- Blood clots in the leg vein or lungs. Common in older overweighed people who ever had cancer or blood clotting problem.
- Injury in nerve, causing tingling, numbness or problem moving muscle.
- Wound healing problem with diabetes problem.
- Changes in leg length or gait
- Need for revision or additional hip surgery
- Hip disorder after surgery
- Variation in leg length
- Nerve injury resulting in weakness or numbness
- Loosening can be appearing in x-ray. This is long term issue can be occur after hip surgery. If loosening also deriving pain, patient may need to have second surgery.
Orthopedic & Joint Replacement
When it is done Why It Is Done Patients should get it done when hip losses functioning and causing brutal pain. Doctor suggests hip surgery when mediation is no longer curing pain.
Hip replacement surgery might not suggested if patient has
Having infection or had history of having Physical weakness Poor health Can not bear surgery Cant putup with anesthetic Having thinning of the bone Having overweight
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
Before the procedure of the replacement of the diffected portiuon with a new part, the doctor consults with the patient ABOUT ANY TYPE OF PROBLEM RELATED TO SURERY or any equipment or metal allery because as the surgery uses metals, ceramic , plastic parts which are used at the place of the defected part.
It's good to consult proper about the good and the bad about the surgery to the doctor which is very important for the surgeon to know the condition of the patient to make it confirm that he or she is ready for the surgery, after that first of all anesthesia to make your senses numb and put you in sleepy state but sometimes the dose causes little problem also such as:
- Sore throat
- Sore throat
- Irregular heart beats
But these symptoms occurs very rarely , so as the mind and body goes in the sleeping stage the surgery take place in which the removal of the defected part and replacement it with a new part take place.