This cancer begins in the liver. Some of the cancers that start somewhere else in the body and spread to liver, however, doctors call it liver cancer when the origin of it is liver itself. Your liver is located below your right lung under the ribcage. Liver is one of the largest organs in the body which performs multiple functions, removing toxins from the body is one of the function of the liver.
In this article on liver cancer, we will know about the symptoms of liver cancer, diagnosis, stages and treatment options for liver cancer treatment in India.
Incase, you are searching for best liver cancer treatment hospitals and doctors in India or liver cancer treatment cost in India, Please feel free to contact our 24*7 HELPLINE NO. +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance & support.
Symptoms of Liver Cancer
The symptoms of liver cancer are not seen in the early stage of the disease, in most of the cases, symptoms are seen in patients who are in advance stage of this disease.
Below mentioned are some of the symptoms of liver cancer:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Pain in the right shoulder region
- Unintentional weight loss of the body
- Enlarged spleen or liver or both
- Abdominal swelling
- Pain in the back
- High Temperatures
- Feeling of full after little food intake
Diagnosis of Liver Cancer
Early diagnosis highly increase the chances of cure and survival for patients suffering from liver cancer. Specialists generally ask about the patient’s medical history to rule out the risk factors followed by a physical examination focusing on abdominal swelling and checking for the signs of jaundice which causes yellowing of the eyes and the skin. Both of them are important indicators of liver disorders in a patient.
Incase a doctor suspects CA Liver, they may prescribe further tests for confirming the diagnosis. The tests may include the following:
- Blood tests: The blood tests are done to see blood clotting, counts of other substances in the blood and ration of RBC, WBC and platelets in the body.
- Viral hepatitis tests: Checking of hepatitis B and C is also very important.
- Imaging scans: MRI Scan or a CT scan may clearly reveal the size and spread of the disease.
- Biopsy: A Surgeon may decide to a biopsy in which a small portion of the tissue is taken from liver, it is sent to laboratory to see if the disease is cancerous of non-cancerous.
- Laparoscopy: This procedure is done to see the liver and surrounding regions, doctors use a long flexible tube which has a camera and light system to show clear images of the area.
Stages of Liver cancer
To achieve better outcome of the treatment, Cancer specialists stage the liver cancer. The stage range from 0-4, below mentioned are the parameters for staging of the liver cancer.
- Stage 1: The Tumor is localized that means it is only in the liver.
- Stage 2: Either there are a number of small tumors in the liver or one of thetumor has reached to blood vessels.
- Stage 3: There is presence of number of large tumors in the liver or one of the tumorhasgone to main large blood vessel in the body.
- Stage 4: In this cancer, disease is metastasized which means it has spread to other parts of the body.
Once your doctor a confirm diagnoses with stage of the cancer, the team of doctors will make a final treatment plan for your liver cancer treatment.
What are the treatments of Liver Cancer?
In patients suffering from liver cancer a surgery which completely removes the tumors is the only way to increase the chance of cure for patients with treatable and early stage liver cancer disease.
Surgical procedure may include the following.
- Partial hepatectomy- In the cases with tumor in the liver being small, occupy limited area of liver, a surgeoncan decide to remove only this part of the organ to stop the spread and the growth of the cancer.
- Liver transplant- Patients who are candidates for a liver transplant(LTP)should have a tumor smaller than 5 cms in size or a number of tumors smaller than 3 cm each. Else, the chances of cancer recurrence is too high to justify a high risk liver transplant surgery. A successful liver transplant may reduce the chances & risk of disease returning and helps in restoring normal function of the liver.
The Treatment for incurable tumors:
In the case of advanced liver cancer, the treatment options may vary from person to person depending on the type of the disease.
- Ablative therapy: A surgeon may use ectromagnetic waves and radio waves on the tumor in order to shrink it or to stop the further growth. Destruction of the tumor by way freezing is known as cryoablation, this may be a possible treatment, however, the team of doctors depending on various factors will decide a final line of treatment for better treatment outcome.
- Radiation therapy: A Radiation Oncology team attacks cancerous cells with radiation at the tumor or on tumors, with the aim of killing a significant number of them. The side effects of radiation may include vomiting, nausea and fatigue. Doctors prior to starting the treatment discuss all the pros and cons of the disease for better understanding of the side effects and ways to handle such effects are also discussed in detail before the treatment begins.
- Chemotherapy: A Medical Oncologist may decide to give you medications to kill cancerous cells. Bottom of Form
List of best Liver cancer treatment hospitals in India –
- BLK-MAX Super Speciality Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- Fortis Hospitals
- American Oncology Institute
- Apollo Hospitals
Incase, you wish to enquire more about top liver cancer hospitals and doctors in India or about liver cancer treatment cost in India, Please feel free to contact 24*7 LIVER CANCER HELPLINE NO. +91 98188 57545 for immediate assistance& support.
Services offered to Liver cancer Patients:
- Free Medical Opinion from best liver cancer specialists
- Medical Visa-Assistance
- Full guidance during the travel planning
- Airport Transfers (Complimentary Airport Pickup & Drop)
- Logistics Support
- Dedicated Case Manager for your Hand holding care
- Follow-up arrangements after departure from India.
GHN Advantage –
- Free Medical Opinion from Best Surgeons / Doctors in India upon receipt of Medical reports.
- Most Affordable Treatment Packages for your Treatment.
- Quick Medical Visa Assistance / Complimentary Airport Transfers.
- Dedicated Case Managers for your assistance at the Hospital.
- “No Extra Cost”, All Payments directly to the Hospital by cash, Visa card & Wire Transfer etc.
- Continuous Follow Up with Cardiac Expert after your Departure from India.
Please share all medical reports of the Patient, You can share them over Our Email- care (at)ghnservices.com by scanning and sending the Reports or you may choose to whatsApp pictures of reports over +91 9818857545 for Best Liver Cancer treatment cost in India.