Lymphoma disease is the cancer of your lymphatic system. This develops in lymphocytes(Infection fighting cells) which are a type of white blood cell. These cells help in the fight against any disease in the body and they play an essential role in your immune defenses.
As this type of cancer disease is present in the lymphatic system it can fast metastasize, or spread to different tissues & the organs throughout human body. Lymphoma most commonly spreads to the liver lungs and the bone marrow.
As per the data available, People of any age may develop lymphoma but it is most common cancer in children and young adults aging between 15–24 years. It is often treatable and curable.
In this, we look at types of the lymphoma, treatment, diagnosis and about best lymphoma treatment hospitals and doctors in India with the information on best lymphoma treatment cost in India.
Types of Lymphoma –
There mainly2 types of lymphoma,
2) Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma –
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common type of lymphoma, this typically develops from B & T lymphocytes (While blood cells) in the lymph nodes or in the tissues throughout your body. The growth of tumor in non-Hodgkin lymphoma might not affect every lymph node of a person, often skip some and continue to grow on others.
Please note that this accounts for 95% of lymphoma cases.
The Hodgkin lymphoma is a type of cancer of your immune system and specialists can identify it by presence of the Reed-Sternberg cells which abnormally are large B lymphocytes. In patients with Hodgkin lymphoma, the cancer disease normally moves from one lymph node to the other adjacent one.
Treatment of Lymphoma Disease:
- Biologic therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Radio immunotherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Stem cell transplantation
For more information on Lymphoma treatment cost in India, Please Contact our Helpline: +91 9818857545 for Immediate assistance.
Various risk factors may increase the risk of both types of lymphoma disease.
Risk factors for this type of lymphoma include-
- Age: Most of the lymphomas occur in people 60 or above, However, some of them are more likely to develop in kids & young adults.
- Sex: Some are common in men and some in women.
- Chemicals &radiation
- Ethnicity &location: The Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is common in the developed countries.
- Immunodeficiency: An individual with a weak immune system has a high risk.
- Infection: Some viral & bacterial infections that transform lymphocytes like EBV may increase the risk.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Breast implants: These sometimes can lead to large cell lymphoma in breast tissues.
- Body weight & the diet: As per ACS (American Cancer Society) overweight and obesity may be at times associated with development of lymphoma.
Risk factors for Hodgkin lymphoma may include below:-
- Infectious mononucleosis
- Sex: Hodgkin lymphoma is found little more common in men than in women.
- Age: Individuals in the age range of 20–30 years and the ones above 55 years of age have high risk of lymphoma.
- Family history
- HIV infection: This may weaken the system and increase the risk.
Investigations required to find out lymphoma
Blood tests and biopsies
A biopsy involves a Specialists taking away a small sample of lymph tissue to diagnose.
Imaging tests: A Specialists may prescribe imaging scans, such as:
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
- PET CT Scan
- X-ray of the chest, abdomen and the pelvis region.
A spinal tap: Sometime a spinal tap is required for diagnosis of the lymphoma in a patient’s body.
Incase you wish to enquire more about lymphoma treatment cost in India, feel free to contact our Helpline: +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance.
Services offered to Lymphoma Patients-
- Medical Opinion from best Lymphoma Specialists in India
- Medical Visa Assistance
- Complete guidance during the travel planning phase
- Airport Transfers
- Complete Logistics Support
- Dedicated Case Manager
- Free Follow-up services after departure from India.
GHN Advantages –
- Free Medical Opinion from Best Surgeons / Doctors in India upon receipt of Medical reports.
- Most Affordable Treatment Packages for your Treatment.
- Quick Medical Visa Assistance / Complimentary Airport Transfers.
- Dedicated Case Managers for your assistance at the Hospital.
- “No Extra Cost”, All Payments directly to the Hospital by cash, Visa card & Wire Transfer etc.
- Continuous Follow Up with Cardiac Expert after your Departure from India.
Please share all medical reports of the Patient, You can share them over Our Email- firstname.lastname@example.org by scanning and sending the Reports or you may choose to whatsApp pictures of reports over +91 9818857545 for Best Lymphoma treatment Cost in India.
Related Articles –
- Sickle Cell Anemia treatment in India
- Bone Marrow Transplant in India
- Stem Cell Transplant in India
- Multiple Myeloma Treatment in India
- Lymphoma Treatment in India
Best Doctor’s for Lymphoma Treatment in India-