Multiple myeloma is a category of blood cancer. It is a one of the blood cancer that has involvement of the bone marrow. Bone marrow is spongy soft tissues in the middle of the bones which are responsible for producing the blood cells of a human being.
This disease is named as multiple myeloma as this disease often affects different areas of the human body like spine, skull, pelvis and ribs etc.
Incase you wish to enquire about best multiple myeloma treatment hospitals and doctors or multiple myeloma treatment cost in India, Do not hesitate to reach us through our HELPLINE: +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance.
Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma Treatment
In the early days, the multiple myeloma may not cause symptoms. It is most commonly diagnosed after a routine blood or urine investigations.
In the late stage, Multiple myeloma causes a wide range of problems mentioned below:
- Continuous dull ache or some areas of tenderness in the bones
- Weak bones, can get fractured easily
- Tiredness and shortness of breath
- Infections repetitions
- kidney issues
Multiple Myeloma does not usually cause a tumor or a lump. Instead, it damages the bones affecting the production of healthy blood cells (RBCs, WBCs and Platelets etc).
What causes Multiple Myeloma?
It is not exactly known what causes this disease. However, it is found that there is a link between myeloma and a body condition called MGUS (monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance).
MGUS is found where there is excess of protein molecules called as immunoglobulins, in the human body blood. As per a study conducted by leading research centers, Every year, around one in every 100 people with MGUS develop multiple myeloma.
Myeloma is common in:-
- Most are diagnosed around age of 70and around 40 years of age cases are rare in this disease
- Black people-this disease is more common in black populations than white &Asian populations.
- people with a family history may develop this disease.
Treatments of Multiple Myeloma
Proper treatment can often help in controlling this condition for several years but most cases of myeloma can not be cured.
Myeloma treatment usually includes:
- Use of Anti-myeloma drugs to destroy the myeloma cells.
- Drugs & procedures to prevent and treat issues caused by myeloma like bone pain, fractures & anemia etc.
Multiple Myeloma treatment –
Patients who receive intensive treatment are given high dose of chemotherapy medications as an inpatient (During Hospitalization) to destroy myeloma cells. This helps in achieving a longer time period of remission but this does not result in a cure. However, the high doses of drugs affect healthy bone marrow also, so the stem cell transplant or bone marrow transplant isdone to allow your bone marrow to recover and start forming normal blood cells prolonging the life span of the patients suffering from multiple myeloma. In most of the cases, stem cells shall be collected from patient before the admission for the high dose drugs treatment.
Incase you wish to know about the stem cell transplant cost for multiple myeloma in India, Contact us at +91 9818857545 for immediate support.
List of top 5 Hospitals for best Multiple myeloma treatment in India –
- BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- American Oncology Institute
- Fortis Hospitals
Services offered to International patients :-
- Free medical opinion from best Multiple Myeloma Specialists
- Medical-Visa Assistance
- Complete guidance during preparation phase
- Airport Transfers (Complimentary Pickup & Drop)
- Logistics Support
- Dedicated Case Manager
- Free Follow-up services after your departure from India
For any enquiry regarding Best Multiple Myeloma hospitals & doctors or multiple myeloma treatment cost in India, Connect with us via HELPLINE: +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance & support.
GHN Advantages –
- Free Medical Opinion from Best Cosmetic Surgeons / Doctors in India upon receipt of Medical reports.
- Most Affordable Treatment Packages for your Treatment.
- Quick Medical Visa Assistance / Complimentary Airport Transfers.
- Dedicated Case Managers for your assistance at the Hospital.
- “No Extra Cost”, All Payments directly to the Hospital by cash, Visa card & Wire Transfer etc.
- Continuous Follow Up with Cardiac Expert after your Departure from India.
Please share all medical reports of the Patient, You can share them over Our Email- care (at)ghnservices.com by scanning and sending the Reports or you may choose to whatsApp pictures of reports over +91 9818857545 for Multiple Myeloma treatment in India.
Related Articles –
- Best Sickle cell anemia treatment cost in India
- Cheapest Bone marrow transplant cost in India
- Cheapest Stem Cell transplant in India
Best Doctor’s for Multiple Myeloma treatment in India