Ovarian or Ovary cancer refers to a cancerous growth which starts in the ovaries. Ovary as you all know is a part of the woman body which produces eggs. Ovarian Cancer/Ovary Cancer is the 5th most common cause of deaths related to cancer in USA among females.
In this article, we will read about symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment of ovary cancer.
Incase, you wish to know about ovary cancer treatment cost in India or best ovary cancer treatment hospitals and doctors in India, Please contact our Helpline: +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance.
Symptoms of Ovary Cancer
Most of the ovary cancers begins in the epithelium which is outer lining of the ovary. Some of the early symptoms of Ovary cancer are as follows-
- Pressure or pain in the pelvis region
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pain in the abdomen and back
- Feeling full quick when eating food
- More frequent urination
- changes in the bowel habits
Causes & risk factors of Ovary Cancer
Ovary cancer develops when cells in the ovary region of the body divide & they multiply in an uncontrolled manner. The reason as to why ovary cancer happens is still not clear, but the experts have identified some of the factors-
- Family History- Having someone in the family with a history of ovary or CA Breast increases an individual’s chance of developing this disease.
- Age- Around 50 percent of ovary cancer cases occur after 63 years of the age.
- Reproductive history- One or more than one full term pregnancies is associated with lower risk of cancer of the ovary. More the number of pregnancies a female has, lower is the risk. Breastfeeding can also reduce the risk.
- Breast cancer- Patient with a history of breast cancer are at higher risk of developing ovary cancer. This may be as result of changes in BRCA gene. And this is the reason some people with CA Breast who test positive for this gene mutation do opt to undergo a procedure called oophorectomy(surgery to remove the ovaries) as a preventive therapy.
- Hormone therapy- Undergoing HRT after menopause appears to add on to the risk of getting ovary cancer.
- Obesity & Overweight- Ovary cancer is found more common in individuals with BMI over 30.
- Gynecology surgery- Having the surgery for removal of uterus called hysterectomy, may help to reduce the risk of ovary cancer by 1/3.
Stages of Ovary Cancer
Incase a Doctor diagnoses ovary cancer, Doctor will need to find out the stage and grade to make a final line of treatment of the patient.
The stage of disease refers to how far disease has spread. Please find below examples for your better understanding-
- Localized: In this stage, the Cancer cells have affected only ovaries or the fallopian tubes and other than these areas it has not spread anywhere else.
- Regional: In this stage the disease has spread to nearby organs.
- Distant: In this particular stage, the disease has spread to distant organs.
Diagnosis of Ovary Cancer
If detailed clinical assessment or symptoms suggest that an individual may have ovary cancer, Specialists may request for-
- personal and the family medical history
- can do a pelvic examination
Specialists may also suggest following –
- Blood Tests: These blood tests will check the high levels of makers.
- Imaging Tests: Ultrasound, MRI and CT scan.
- Laparoscopy: This can be performed by a Specialists to see the ovaries and a biopsy can also be done by collecting tiny tissues. Bottom of Form
Treatment of Ovary Cancer
The Treatment of ovary cancer will depend on a number of factors, including:
- type, stage, and grade of the disease
- age &overall health
- accessibility & the affordability of medical treatment
The treatment options include Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy and Immunotherapy etc.
Services offered to Ovary cancer Patients by GHN for treatment in India –
- Free medical opinion from top specialists
- Medical Visa Assistance
- Guidance during travel planning
- Airport Transfers (Free Pickup & Drop)
- Logistics Support
- Dedicated Case Managers
- Free Follow-up services after departure.
Incase you wish to get more information on best ovary cancer hospitals and doctors in India or ovary cancer treatment cost in India, Please feel free to contact our HELPLINE:+91 98188 57545 for immediate assistance & support.
List of best Ovary Cancer treatment Hospitals-
- BLK-MAX Super Speciality Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- American Oncology Institute
Do you want to know about best doctors and Ovary Cancer treatment cost in India ? Contact our helpline
+91 98188 57545
GHN Advantages –
- Free Medical Opinion from Best Surgeons / Doctors in India upon receipt of Medical reports.
- Most Affordable Treatment Packages for your Treatment.
- Quick Medical Visa Assistance / Complimentary Airport Transfers.
- Dedicated Case Managers for your assistance at the Hospital.
- “No Extra Cost”, All Payments directly to the Hospital by cash, Visa card & Wire Transfer etc.
- Continuous Follow Up with Cardiac Expert after your Departure from India.
Please share all medical reports of the Patient, You can share them over Our Email- email@example.com by scanning and sending the Reports or you may choose to whatsApp pictures of reports over +91 9818857545 for Best Ovary Cancer treatment cost in India.