Dr Giriraj Borah is a very well renowned doctor for Liver Transplants in India. He is a graduate of J L N Medical College, Rajasthan, India. He was trained in General Surgery at the same institute prior to joining as Senior Resident in G I Surgery at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences ( SGPGIMS ) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He then moved on to join the MCh superspeciality program in G. I. Surgery at G B Pant Hospital in New Delhi where he trained for more than 3 years. After completing his training Dr. Bora worked as a Consultant G I Surgeon in Jaipur before pursuing his career interest in Liver Transplantation procedures.
After leaving Jaipur, he joined CLBS as a Fellow in Liver Transplant / HPB Surgery and trained extensively in all the aspects of liver transplantations &HPB Surgery.
After seeing his remarkable work in liver transplant in January 2013 Dr. Bora was offered the position as a Consultant at CLBS. He has special interests in liver transplantation & liver resections for Hepatocellular cancers, combined liver and kidney transplantation as well as in Pancreatic Surgery. The primary focus of his research activity has been the hemodynamic changes during the liver transplant and changes during IVC cross-clamping in LDLT.
Dr. Borah has large number of publications in the field of Liver Transplantation &G I Surgery ,numerous presentations at national & international conferences including at the prestigious ILTS International Liver Transplant Society conferences in San Francisco and at Sydney, Australia. He was felicitated by Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state.
- Has an extensive experience of over 1500 Liver Transplants.
- 1st to perform Liver Transplant in the state of Rajasthan, India.
- Credited with both 1st Living Donor &1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in Rajasthan.
- Rich experience in performing advanced Gastro-Intestinal operations.
Areas of Special Interest-
- Liver Transplants
- Liver Transplant for liver cancers
- Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
- Portal vein reconstruction in the Whipple’s operation for pancreatic cancer
- Ultra low anterior-resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancer
- Liver resection for the cholangiocarcinoma
- Shunt surgery in portal hypertension
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures in gastrointestinal surgery
- ABO incompatible liver transplantations.