Dr. Vivek Vij is a pioneering liver transplantation surgeon credited with developing living donor surgery &standardizing safety protocols in order to achieve a 100% donor safety profile sever since the time of it’s inception in India. Dr. Vij is the 1st surgeon from the Indian subcontinent to perform series of laparoscopic donor Hepatectomy in Liver Transplantation procedure. Dr. Vij brings with himself an extensive experience of over 2 decades in the field of liver transplant and GI Surgery.
He is among the best liver transplant surgeon in India. He is founder of Liver transplantation &Hepatobiliary Sciences in Fortis group, starting a highly successful and reputed liver transplant programat Noida, Uttar Pradesh cand later at Mohali in Punjab. Dr. Vij& his experienced team has a cumulative experience of successfully performing more than 2500 liver transplants, most of the transplant during his career have been performed at Fortis Hospitals with an exceptional record of 95% patient and 100% donor success rate.
Dr. Vij is well known for lowest liliary complication rate (<4%) in the Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT) worldwide.
Previous Experience –
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Fortis Hospital, Mohali, Punjab State.
- Rajendra Hospital & Medical Collage, Patiala, Punjab State.
- B.J.M.C, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Clinical Interest –
- Adults Liver Transplantations
- Pediatric Liver Transplants
- Complex Liver procedures
- Advanced Pancreato-biliary procdures
- Advanced laparoscopic&Robotic Surgery
- Basic Science Research &Regenerative Medicine