What is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer occur in the body when cells uncontrollably divide in the lungs and this causes the tumors to grow. These tumors can reduce an individual’s ability to breathe and can also spread to other organs in the body. One of the major risk factor for lung cancer is smoking but not everyone who has CA lung mandatorily have history of smoking.
This article will help you learn about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer.
If you wish to enquire more about best lung cancer hospitals and doctors in India or lung cancer treatment cost in India, Please contact our HELPLINE: +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance & needed support.
What are the Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Persons with CA lung may not have any type of symptoms until a later stage. Incase symptoms appear, they can resemble with issues of respiratory infection.
Some of the symptoms include the following-
- change in the voice of a person
- frequent chest infections
- swelling of lymph nodes in middle of chest
- pain in the chest
- wheezing and shortness of breath
- bone fractures& bone pain
- coughing with blood
- appetite of loss and weight loss
- fatigue in the body
Stages of Lung Cancer –
Staging of cancer describes how much it has spread through the body and severity of the disease. Staging workup helps your doctors to decide on a suitable course of medical treatment.
Undergoing regular check ups may be a good idea for people who are at high risk of developing lung cancer. The screening is done with a low-dose CT scan.
- age between 55–80 years
- a person with history of heavy smoking
- currently smokes or someone who has quit smoking within past 15 years.
How to Diagnose Lung Cancer?
If a person has some symptoms that indicates lung cancer or incase screening shows something that is unusual, Your Doctor may recommend some of the investigations in order to check further. Following are the tests required:
X-ray, MRI, CT Scan or a PET Scan may reveal the regions of lung tissue with cancer.
If the disease has spread to other areas, imaging tests can also reveal changes in the bones and in other organs. Scans also help in checking the progress of the treatment given.
Your doctor may require to do a biopsy in order to confirm diagnosis which is done using a bronchoscope. This can be used to look for lesions and also collect samples for further analysis.
Lab tests can also reveal the presence of cancer in:
- Pleural effusion, the fluid that is collected around the lungs.
The above information can help in confirming the cancer and also its type and the stage.
What is the Treatment for Lung Cancer?
The medical treatment shall depend on various factors, including:
- type of cancer
- location &stage
- patient’s overall health
A patient should discuss in detail with treating doctor and the team about the most suitable choice of treatment including the pros & the cons of each available treatment option.
Some of the treatment options are mentioned below:
- Surgery- Removal of a part of the lung of complete removal
- Chemotherapy- This treatment is done using medications to kill cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy- This is done using high energy rays to target and kill cancerous cells.
- Targeted therapy- This targets a specific behavior in order to stop the growth of tumor.
- Immunotherapy- This helps body fight the cancer.
- Palliative therapy- This line of treatment is for pain relief in order to improve quality of life of the patient.
Any enquiry regarding “LUNG CANCER TREATMENT COST IN INDIA”. Please call +91 98188 57545
List of best lung cancer treatment hospitals in India –
- BLK-MAX Super Speciality Hospital
- American Oncology Institute
- Artemis Hospital
- Fortis Hospitals
- Apollo Hospitals
Incase, you wish to enquire more about most suitable treatment options for lung cancer or about lung cancer treatment cost in India, Please contact our 24*7 HELPLINE NO. +91 9818857545 for immediate assistance.
GHN Advantages –
- Free Medical Opinion from Best Surgeons / Doctors in India upon receipt of Medical reports.
- Most Affordable Treatment Packages for your Treatment.
- Quick Medical Visa Assistance / Complimentary Airport Transfers.
- Dedicated Case Managers for your assistance at the Hospital.
- “No Extra Cost”, All Payments directly to the Hospital by cash, Visa card & Wire Transfer etc.
- Continuous Follow Up with Cardiac Expert after your Departure from India.
Please share all medical reports of the Patient, You can share them over Our Email- care (at)ghnservices.com by scanning and sending the Reports or you may choose to whatsApp pictures of reports over +91 9818857545 for Best Lung Cancer treatment cost in India.